Careers at Kanen Inc
Current Job Openings:
- Job Description
- Designs manufacturing tools for various metallic/composite aircraft parts and assemblies using Catia V5 and Solidworks.
- Drafts all tool designs using Catia V5 and Solidworks drafting workbenches per ANSI Y14.1 & Y14.5 standards.
- Supervises designs during fabrication, including frequent phone/email communication, and periodically visiting customer sites.
- Creates professional presentations for design reviews and additional tool build information.
- Obtains quotes and estimates for tool design fabrication from suppliers.
- Provides suppliers with necessary CAD data for fabrication including flat pattern layouts for waterjet & CNC operations.
- Creates 3D models from legacy 2D drawings.
- Converts model based definition (MBD) data to 2D drawings for use by shop personnel.
- Creates CNC programs (3-5 axis) using Catia V5 Advanced Machining workbench to manufacture tool designs, as well as flight hardware.
- B.S. in engineering technology, manufacturing, or other related 4 year technical degree, or 2 year technical degree relevant to manufacturing, computer aided design/3D modeling, plus 2 years work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering part and assembly drawings.
- Experience with CAD software and 3D modeling (Catia V5 or Solidworks experience preferred).
- Machine shop experience, metal/composite fabrication experience, or experience with aerospace tooling preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of visual basic programming.
- Self starter, willing to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new design and programming methodologies that contribute to work efficiency.
- Dedication to providing high quality work within specific time constraints.
- Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time, 8 hours for a normal work day. Certain circumstances may require employee to work longer than 8 hours per day.
- Lifting requirement may be up to 10lbs
- Employee may occasionally visit customer factories which may require personal protection equipment (PPE) such as hearing, eye, and foot protection. (to be provided by employer as needed)
- Employment Eligibility
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicant must pass basic background check.
- Kanen Inc is an equal opportunity employer
Qualified candidates should email resumes to: